- MS in Public Health (Environmental & Occupational Health) Texas A&M Health Science Center - School of Rural Public Health 2010
- BA in Botany - Humboldt State University, Arcata, California 1984
- CHMM - Certified Hazardous Materials Manager #1551
- CET - Certified Environmental Trainer
- Certificate of Hazardous Materials Management UC Irvine 1988
- FEMA ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (ICS-200), National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Environmental Training Program Coordinator
1999 - Present Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX), College Station, Texas
- Manage the daily training operations of the Environmental Training Program
- Supervise a team of adjunct environmental instructors to ensure open enrollment and contractual obligations are met.
- Direct and coordinate training programs and technical assistance provided to industrial, military, governmental and private entities to ensure they are adequately staffed and economically viable.
- Develop and design new training curriculum and programs as well as ensuring that existing course offerings and materials remain current to meet regulatory and client needs.
- Interface on a continual basis with regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Transportation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Texas Commission for Environmental Quality.
- Seek out new training opportunities and increase open enrollment and new customer base.
- Lead Instructor for hazardous waste management, environmental regulations, transportation of hazardous materials and waste, hazard communication, storm water compliance, and hazardous material emergency response training courses.
1988 - 1999 Environmental Dynamics, Inc., Helotes, Texas
- Provided oversight and management of all southwestern private and governmental hazardous waste management and disposal contracts.
- Responsible company-wide for environmental, OSHA, and DOT regulatory compliance.
- Provided hazardous materials emergency response supervision and technical knowledge for chemical spills, HAZMAT releases, and clandestine drug lab clean-ups.
- Developed Health and Safety Plans, Hazardous Communication Plans, Hazardous Waste Operations and Management Plans, Storm Water Permitting, and Waste Minimization Plans.
- Performed project management and EHS services for the long duration site clean up at the Vertac Superfund Site in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
- Provided hazardous waste management and HAZWOPER Site Worker and Hazmat Technician training to both internal and external employees.
1987 - 1988 American Environmental Management Corp., Stanton, California
- Provided supervision and contract management services for hazardous waste remediation and disposal projects and emergency response operations for private, government, and military clientele.
- Provided laboratory packaging services for the disposal of clandestine drug lab and educational institution laboratory chemicals.
- Performed field analysis utilizing basic hazcat procedures to determine hazard classification of unknown materials.
1984 - 1987 IT Corporation, Wilmington, California
- Responsible for the direct supervision and management of the Southern California Field Chemist Program initiated at IT.
- Provided HAZMAT emergency response services to the California Department of Transportation.
- Managed the packaging and transportation of hazardous waste generated by Government and private hazardous waste generators.
- Delta Omega honorary society for graduate studies in public health
- Reliability of the Eclox Enhanced Chemiluminescence Assay for Rapid Field Testing of Drinking Water. Thesis. Submitted to The Office of Research and Graduate Studies of The Texas A&M University System Health Science Center in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Public Health. 2010
- The Detection of Sub-Lethal Concentrations of cyanide in Drinking Water using the Eclox Enhanced Chemiluminescence (ECL) Assay 5th Annual Research Poster Symposium & Student Research Poster Contest. Texas A&M Health Science Center School of Rural Public Health
- Disparities in Available Emergency Preparedness and Response Core Competency Training Courses for Public Health Officials. Poster. Healthy Texans: Making Evidence Based Decisions for a Return on Health. Texas Public Health Forum. Austin, Texas. 2008